Wednesday 28 March 2012

SNORKELLING CAMP 2012

As apart of our Outdoor Education class for 2012 we went on a snorkeling camp to Bawley point near Ulladulla on the south coast of NSW Australia
Our first dive took place at Pretty Beach
we stayed at Casuarina Cottages on the South Coast of NSW


Pre Trip log
my expectations of the trip were to see some interesting marine life and develop my snorkel skills
I hope to achieve a greater knowledge of snorkeling and get to know everyone in the class and work well as a team
I am concerned that the weather conditions will stop us from seeing much out in the ocean as the ocean will be too rough and causing the water to me sandy and mercy stopping us from seeing some exciting marine life.

Post Trip Log
we scoped out that this was a suitable dive site as the was a strong north easterly wind and the dive site at pretty beach appear quite sheltered from the harsh conditions,
before we began our dive we ensured we had all the correct equipment such as wetsuit appropriate snorkel, appropriate fins and appropriate weight belt to allow us to achive neutral bouyancy.
i participated in all of the activites we were required to participate in i even volunteered to go back into the water and help find another group members weight belt when she lost it. i participated in ultimate frisbee and other beach activities and took it upon myself to be the spokesman on the bus trips around the south coast.
my highlight of the trip was getting in the water and having a good snorkel as well as playing ultimate frisbee on he beach
My expectations were met I had a awesome time and can't wait to go on the next camp

No comments:

Post a Comment